Thoughts, insights, opinions and advice from Dr. Dorothy

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Grown Up Guys

Despite all the slacker movies that are coming out these days, there is some phenomenon occurring regarding young men as they move into adulthood. I’ve had a chance to observe this up close because of my daughter’s friends. Here are guys who respect women, are good students, take their jobs seriously and look forward to having a family. Why are these guys so different from what we see in film? Maybe a decent, down-to-earth guy isn’t as glitzy on the screen. And then again, maybe it is the people I see. I don’t hang out with many young men like the ones in Entourage (a show I really like, by the way, as it captures important realities of the entertainment business) or Knocked Up, so maybe I’m not seeing the whole picture. On the other hand, I was a keynote speaker several years ago at a conference of 750 undergraduate business students from around the world. These young people were so impressive, so smart, so hard-working, I told them at the end of my presentation: If you are the next generation of leaders, the future is in good hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home